- Labour Party Mayor of the Supercity with a clear centre left majority. Key’s nightmare.
- National Mayor of Hamilton given the boot. Martin Gallagher top polling for council.
- Harry Duynhoven Mayor of New Plymouth
- Laws team routed in Whanganui with a left leaning Mayor.
- Act Mayor of Hutt City given the boot.
- Prendergast National Mayor of Wellington ahead by 40 with 1,000 specials to count. Her Wellington supermayorlty dreams in tatters.
- Tony Ryall’s bette noir Richard Thompson tops the poll for Dunedin City.
- One of Wellington’s best analysts David Choat got elected to the DHB.
I’ve been at a Labour fundraiser tonight – plenty added to the war chest – so my look at results has been cursory.
What these results show is that when people actually cast their votes they are rejecting the right wing approach of Key and those who support him.
Just had a look at Kiwiblog – even the National Party cheerleader isn’t even pretending there was any real good news for National yesterday.