Cheese rolls to parliament

Posted by on July 19th, 2010

On a lighter note, as I’ve promised, I’m bringing cheese rolls to parliament tomorrow.

Eight dozen to be precise.

A few dozen to caucus for morning tea (not everyone will get one though and you know who you are!).

The rest are up for grabs. If you’re hanging out for a cheese roll and feeling nostalgic for the south, contact me.

Doesn’t matter who you are.

Update (photo by Lianne):

cheese rolls

27 Responses to “Cheese rolls to parliament”

1. Paul M says:

Damn it! You had to choose a day I was in Auckland, didn’t you… :(

2. cal says:

Argh if I didn’t have a day full of lectures tomorrow I would have actually taken you up on the cheese roll offer, I haven’t had one in ages!

3. Nicola Wood says:

Shall I make the milkbottle lollies conditional on a cheese roll? ;)

4. Random Student says:

Please reserve one for the ACT on Campus President, for I understand it is his birthday.

5. Clare Curran says:

@Paul M and cal There might be some left on Wednesday (I won’t cook them all)

@Nicola Cheese roll a gift. Milk bottles a bonus

@Random As I said, it doesn’t matter who you are… (unless you have taken a set against cheese rolls, in which case you are banned)…Not you Random

6. brenda says:

I recall you already promised me one via twitter.

7. Clare Curran says:

@Brenda I can do many things, but can’t deliver a cheese roll via twitter. You will physically have to come and get one. Failing that, I’ll bring some to you…. eventually

8. Stephen says:

Where is the vegan / organic healthy option?

9. Loota says:

@Brenda I can do many things, but can’t deliver a cheese roll via twitter.

LOLz :D

Post some piccies of the rolls for us to drool over? :-D

11. Shane says:

Mmmmm…feel free to come by Palmerston North sometime!

12. Rachel Boyack says:

Clare, I’m coming to Welly tomorrow (Wednesday), with some of my Execs to do our submission against VSM. We’re on at 11.20 – any chance you could save us a couple????

13. Dylan says:

I lived in dunedin for the first 3 years of my life before I moved to Auckland where I have lived since and my mum still occasionally makes cheese rolls, they are awesome. It’s like a little piece of my old home

14. James Sleep says:

Would love one. What time should I pop past?

15. dave says:

It will be nice to have some cheese rolls delivered at the VSM select committee room, for a pre-submission snack.We`re on at 11am.

16. Richard says:

Clare, are you using your own recipe? Maybe you posted it earlier, but could you share it with us here? Don’t need the quantities for 96 though!

17. Jilly Bee says:

Clare, I downloaded a recipe for ‘Pumpkin soup and cheese rolls from the Mainland’ on 12 July from the TV3 website. I have made the pumpkin soup and will try the cheese rolls soon. Being a North Islander I’ve never tried cheese rolls, but these look great. They were submitted by a Dunedin person, who now makes them for Robbie’s Bar and Grill in South Dunedin. Will have to have a few low cholesterol days following the tasting, me thinks!

Yes, a photo! :-D

19. chris says:

One thing I have taken from this blog has been bl**dy cheese rolls.

It made me look em up and cook them over the weekend when we had people over for the rugby – American friends made a ‘traditional football chilli’, and I made Kiwi traditional cheese rolls to go with it (the yanks normally make grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the chilli) – went down a treat and I have to say tasted awesome.

20. Richard says:

OK. Found your recipe in a previous post. :D

21. Raymon A Francis says:

You are too good to these people Claire, I don’t know if these southern delights should be shared

Could this be considered “treating” or maybe even a bribe if so I think it might work

22. Clare Curran says:

@Raymon it’s called Southern largesse

23. Darien Fenton says:

Yum!

24. DeepRed says:

Tried mozzarella with them?

25. Moana Mackey says:

It’s cheese on toast. Folded. Folded cheese on toast.

(I realise this now puts me on the cheese roll blacklist with Trevor!)

Not on the blacklist Moana. Have to do better than that. It’s just ignorance. Trevor is wilful

26. Shane says:

Perhaps one could say that cheese on toast is simply an unrolled cheese roll?

27. Nicola Wood says:

Moana when was the last time you melted your cheese in a pot with onion soup mix before you put it on cheese on toast?