Parliamentary system can’t take the pressure

Posted by on December 16th, 2009

10.30 today is the time  for written questions to be lodged for the year.

In the old days it involved dumping a pile of paper in the Clerks office.

The system is now totally on line. Problem is it doesn’t appear to have the capacity to deal with a number of people who like me work to deadlines. System alternates between dead slow and dropping out.

Not good enough.

Update  the Speaker has extended the deadline to 11am.

8 Responses to “Parliamentary system can’t take the pressure”

Merry Christmas Trev :-D . I completely agree with you!!!!That’s frustrating, it’s disturbing how many areas of life are being forced online. :-(

I can remember trying to fill in online forms and the site kept timing me out and I gave up after a few hours. Computers are fallible, there should always be the option of doing things on paper.

2. A Mother says:

I hate it when my connection drops me out all the time.
    Maybe I should look into how much broadband would cost as I use dial up.
    Good that you got an extention of time.

3. Shane says:

Surely there should be a transition period where you can still do it the old fashioned way?

Or keep the old fashioned way as an alternative forever. Have both. What would happen if the world’s electonics suddenly got wiped out. 8O

5. Trevor Mallard says:

System has been going for years now – just need emergency system or flexibility on timing when system fault.

6. ghostwhowalksnz says:

You are lucky its just a minor computer system.
    We changed to a Vodafone fixed line and its impossible to dial cell phones.
    But of course using a cell to dial another cell goes OK. Gaming the system !!

7. al zhiemer says:

You could lodge a written question about the matter in parliament.

8. al zhiemer says: