The ETS select committee is due to report back. I haven’t spoken to members of the committee but putting things together from points of order in the house yesterday:
- The select committee deliberated and resolved to report back thursday last week.
- As part of their deliberation the committee agreed to wait for 5pm that day for the Maori party’s minority points for the commentary.
- The Maori party submitted their comments.
- At that point Peter Dunne had an obligation to include the comments and table the report.
- Key met with the Maori party leadership. The pressure went on and the Maori party tried to withdraw their comments and change their position.
- They have been advised they can’t. Because the deliberation was complete and can’t be reopened.
- Dunne hasn’t tabled the report,
It is simply a disgrace. Frankly I thought both Dunne and Sharples had more integrity.